Pages

Sunday 5 July 2015

Closet Organisation with Free Printables

I'm spring cleaning (decluttering all my junk) at the moment so look out for upcycling posts related to this in the not-so-distant future.
 
I'm trying to not only get rid of items and repurpose them but to organize them so that I'm less messy in future.
 
I already had some nice clear plastic shoeboxes that I use for storing small clothing items (like socks, underwear and purses). These boxes look very boring though and sometimes I forget what's in them. So I decided to dress them up with some free printable labels. All of the labels that I could find on Pinterest didn't include all my items and were mostly for kids. I did some Googling and came across free printable labels with fillable editable fields here. These also come in a variety of colours and I'll probably use them for other projects in the future.
 
I have a black and white only printer so I printed the labels onto some pretty paper that I found during my cleanup using the plain black labels (there are a variety of colours).


 
I used contact plastic to stick the labels to the storage containers, the clear contact plastic worked well with the clear boxes. I cut the plastic into squares using the handy grid at the back of the plastic. I considered using double sided tape but then I thought that the labels would probably wear a bit with age.

Before:

 
After:

 
 
Cathe Holden the creator of these labels has some great other free printables on her blog and pinterest page, here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment